Join a Revolution in June in Monterey!

Dan Shafer onemind at danshafer.com
Wed Feb 16 18:50:34 EST 2005

Want to learn more about Revolution in two days than you sometimes can
in a week...or even a month...of laboring on your own? Want to spend
some quality time in one of the world's great resort spots?

A group of us are trying to determine if there's enough interest to
expand our Monterey-based Revolution developer gathering June 24-25 to
encompass a second track for people who are beginning or intermediate
developers. As you may know, we held the first annual Revolution
Masters Summit last July in Monterey and it was a smash hit. But it was
an invitation-only affair. This year, we are *considering* adding a
companion conference open to anyone who wants to attend and learn from
those who are invited to attend the Revolution Masters Summit *and*
speak to and mentor for those attending the main conference.

There will be opportunities for several joint sessions where all
attendees are together. But most of the time, those of you who are
mostly interested in how to do the basic stuff you want to do in Rev
won't have to sit around listening to the long-time users argue about
C++ externals and other esoterica.

We're talking about two jam-packed days, two or three joint sessions
between the groups probably featuring speakers from RunRev (no promises
but hopes), some freebies, and lots of opportunity to mingle, learn and
code into the night. Right now, we're thinking in terms of a conference
price of something like $195, with early-bird discounts down to perhaps
$125-150.

Please respond OFF LIST to revdan at danshafer.com no later than Feb. 23
with your interest and any comments, suggestions or feedback you have.
We'll notify the list when we've gauged the response and made a
decision. NOTE: Replying doesn't commit you to the conference or us to
holding it and doesn't guarantee a place if we do hold it. This is just
a quick straw poll.

Dan