race conditions with file/folder creation?

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Wed Feb 16 01:01:27 EST 2005

On Feb 15, 2005, at 7:30 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Any of you familiar with limits on the number of files that can be
> written to a given directory, or other related factors like FAT
> issues?

Here is some least useful information.  I wrote a test app for a
database I was developing.  My stress test included writing out just
over 100K files as fast as Rev could do it.  Worked like a charm.  I
did notice on both Macs and Win systems that the OS lagged behind the
process big time.  No errors though.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software