copy field to stack of unknown name

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Tue Feb 15 15:54:16 EST 2005

At 03:02 14/02/2005, you wrote:

>Hi Bob,

Hi Sarah.

I'm still stuck on this. Heeeeelllllpp everyone. :-)

>I think you are on the right track, but the stack name (or stack file
>name) needs to be a global or custom property if scripts in other objects
>are going to access it.

I tried doing this in the main stack script.

global tStackName -- Added a global here
--still to change it to gStackName but will once i get it going
on doFileNew
ask file "Name new database file:" with "MyDatabase.abd"
if it is empty then exit to top
put it into tFileName
if char -4 to -1 of tFileName is not ".abd" then put ".abd" after tFileName
set the itemDelimiter to "/"
put last item of tFileName into tStackName
set the visible of stack "Master Database" to false
clone stack "Master database"
Err the result
set the name of stack it to tStackName
set the title of stack tStackName to (char 1 to -5 of tStackName)
set the minWidth of stack tStackName to 800
set the minHeight of stack tStackName to 600
set the fileName of stack tStackName to tFileName
-- "tFileName" is the full pathname of the file the user named earlier.
Err the result
set the visible of stack "Master Database" to true
put the stackFileType into tSaveStackFileType
set the stackFileType to "RevoABD_"
save stack tStackName
Err the result
set the stackFileType to tSaveStackFileType
show stack tStackName
toplevel stack tStackName
end doFileNew

--on the other stack I have a button that has the script

on mouseUp
   copy field "TextField" of stack "Armbase Database Designer" to card 1 of
stack "tFileName"
end mouseUp

Any ideas. If I get this I can get on with all the other buttons etc etc.

Cheers
Bob