Rotating a QT movie in Rev

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Feb 15 11:03:03 EST 2005

On Feb 15, 2005, at 7:49 AM, Stephen King wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if its possible to rotate a QT movie using Rev. We
> recently had to take some video using a camera sideways orientation -
> so I either have to rotate the video 90 degrees or turn the monitor
> over! I am sure I have read somewhere that QT Pro can do this, but I
> don't really really have a use for pro and the player normally does me
> fine.

The beta of the EnhancedQT external allows you to do this thanks to
some sample code provided by Brian Yennie.  If you download the beta
from <http://mangomultimedia.com/developer/revolution/enhancedqt.html>
there are docs included with it.  Under "Movie Manipulation" you will
find qtRotateMovie.  The command returns the newWidth,newHeight in the
result() function which you need to use to set the new rect for the
player object after calling the command.  If I remember correctly I
still need to make a couple of tweaks to it before I release 1.0 so if
you run into any problems let me know.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia