PDF plug-in

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 01:04:27 EST 2005

--- Stephen Van Esch <vanesch at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Folks:
>
> Searching through the archives for a solution to my
> pdf dilemma, I came across a thread regarding the
> possibility of porting or creating a plug-in similar
> to a PDF Xtra for Director. On the Director side,
> the
> Xtra displays pdfs within the project and allows
> some
> control over the pdf (zoom, search, print etc.). I'm
> currently using this Xtra on another project and
> find
> it very handy. Has anything happened to this?
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,

Not knowing you were on the Mac side of the fence, I
forgot to tell you about a Mac-only trick to display
PDF files in your stacks : a player object.

On MacOSX only, QuickTime supports the display of PDF
files as if they're a movie object, so you should be
able to set the fileName property of a player to point
to a PDF file, and display it in your stack.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Quartam - Tools for Revolution