Launch pdf on cd

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 15:41:32 EST 2005

--- Stephen Van Esch <vanesch at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Folks:
>
> I've searched through the archives and haven't found
> satisfactory answer. Here's what I'd like to do:
>
> When a user clicks a link, I'd like the PDF viewer
> (Acrobat or Preview) to launch and display a
> specified
> pdf located on the CD.
>
> Acrobat or Preview is a requirement to run this CD
> so
> I don't have to check for the installation and I'd
> rather not worry about finding out where the app is
> located on the user's hard drive.
>
> I've experimented with revgourl without success. I'm
> not sure if this is because the link to the pdf has
> be relative in this case.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Steve

Hi STeve,

If the stack you're launching rom is located on the
CD, you can use 'the effective filename' to figure out
where exactly it is located, so you can build up the
complete file path to the PDF.

Other than that, I'd advise using the 'launch'
command, or if you're using Windows, you could use the
'shell' function with a start command :
--
  get shell("start" && tPDFfilepath)
--

Or you can buy the wonderful altBrowser external for
Revolution, and display the PDF file right in your own

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Quartam - Tools for Revolution