Comment on editing front scripts

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Feb 12 01:35:47 EST 2005

MisterX wrote:

 >>> It may not be much of a bullet-point, but for myself I'd
 >>> prefer to see an overhaul of error handling above any
 >>> other feature currently in queue.
 >>
 >> I have 5 votes waiting to add to that if you'll point me
 >> to the request.
 >
 > You can add your votes to bugzillas 2347, 2344, 2320, 2351, 1638,
 > etc...

Those cosmetic issues would be helpful, but I was thinking less about
the UI than what's going on under the hood with the engine.

I don't mind taking an evening to make my own error dialog (I have to
anyway to get something suitable for including with my app), and if the
error handling was revamped it would only be a few lines anyway.

But getting to a simple, robust, and thorough reporting mechanism may be
a bit of engine work.

I've posted a message to the improve-rev list to see if we can get a
spec together to propose....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation