Comment on editing front scripts

Ben Fisher boinjyboing at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 18:20:36 EST 2005

>Debugging front scripts that contain events like (mouseMove, mouseUp,
>mouseDown...), is impossible in Rev.  Rev's script editor changes size
>erratically and buttons on the editor move to unknown places.  So I
>switched to my trusty copy of MC to work on them.  Dawg gone of MC did
>not give it the best try to work on them.  For the most part, editing
>was ok.  Then I realized that variables are still updating live as your
>mouse moves across your app to get to the script editor.  Thus things
>start falling apart.

I also have had weird results with these type of front scripts. The solution that worked well for me was to put a line like this into all of the front scripts.

if the tool is not "browse tool" then pass mousemove --or whatever other handler

That way, when editing scripts all I had to do was switch to the select tool and all of the frontscripts would be disabled, and editing scripts worked ok again. Best of all, this line doesn't need to be removed after you're done debugging and ready to compile.

-Ben