Rev Stacks for "tiny" read only backend web dBases

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Feb 11 14:45:01 EST 2005

For a small amount of data to be delivered on the web e.g. 1000 records
or less; in this case, word definitions of a glossary. where the record
has only two pieces of data

--word
-- definition,

  am wondering if a back end revolution stack can serve us?

Since input will be by a single admin individual, access would be read
only. It's so simple, I'm not sure we need a macho PostGreSQL dbase for
this and a Rev Stack would be so easy-portable. I can have someone
working on a stack on his own machine... then just move it to the
server how efficient is that... very...

The question would be: are there any read access concurrency issues in
such a web app context?

Anyone else doing this? what's your experience?

  if a cgi calls

"start using stack "../html/books/master_lexicon.rev"

... does that mean another person hitting the same CGI within
milliseconds will have a problem?

Thanks
Sivakatirswami