Check for updates...

Paul Salyers ps1 at softseven.org
Fri Feb 11 09:18:55 EST 2005

Dear Rev User,

Anyone here have a sample stack I could look at that will check for update
programs and if an update is found make a dl link active?

I have an ideal by having a file on the server and in the folder with the
program. Both files are read and the contents are stored in different
fields then compared, if the fields are the same than no update is ready,
id their different then there is a update and a dl link will appear. The
only problem I'm having is I don't know how to read a file from the web
server without first dl it.

Is there another way?

Paul Salyers
PS1 - Senior Rep.