overprinting when printing script

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Feb 10 15:52:09 EST 2005

I posted a longer example of this issue earlier, but no one responded (
"Printing Disaster on Windows") This looks like a Windows issue? Here's
the "symptoms" with a tad more info...from one of my beta testers

=======
on printTranscript

[snip]

# load main transcript
   put fld "Transcript" after tPrintTranscript

# print
   revShowPrintdialog, true,true
   revPrintText tPrintTranscript
end printTranscript

tested on Mac OSX with great results.. and feeling confident, released
this to a few users...

My beta tester from Adelaide, Australia writes:
======
  I have tested the printing from a PC. The results are quite strange.

	1.  	The first page prints beautifully
	2.  	Subsequent pages are a mess.
  This is the same whether I print from pages 1 - 6 , or print in
reverse. The first page (i.e. page #1 of the transcript) is printed
nicely, and pages #2 - 6 are a mess.

  I had a look at the PS it produces, but it has been so long since I
read Postscript that I could not find the error.

  This is what appears on pages 2 - 6

	• 	Some text is missing - from the end of page 1 until a couple of
pages from the end of the transcript.
	• 	The last 5 pages print the same material.
	• 	The text is heavily overprinted.  Each paragraph remains separate,
but the whole paragraph is overprinted. What should be a paragraph of
about 10 lines is reduced to 3 overprinted lines. 19 lines are reduced
to 5 overprinted lines. And so forth.
  Hope this helps.

  PS. When I use a Post Script Viewer, the PS looks just fine, and
actually I can print the file OK from the post script. So something is
possibly happening within the Transcriber software to cause the
problems.

=======

Any insights? do I have to include some externals with the windows app
to get printing to work right on PC's?