MP3 without QuickTime on Windows

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Feb 10 17:42:09 EST 2005

On Wed Feb 9 15:21:29 Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> It is relevant
>
> On Feb 9, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:
>
>> I haven't; but I don't think it's relevant,

Thomas,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my query.  Could you shed some more
light, however?  What I wrote was:
> I haven't; but I don't think it's relevant, as the same app on a PC running
> 'ordinary' windows XP works fine - if QT is installed, it uses QT; if QT is
> uninstalled, it uses Media Player.

That's why I didn't think it was relevant.  Can you explain why it actually
is relevant, and why this counter-example is not?

Many thanks,

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866