get URL behaviour

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 16:34:43 EST 2005

On 10 Feb 2005, at 19:57, FlexibleLearning at aol.com wrote:

> Can *anyone* shed light on why a 'get url myTextFileURL' command
> returns
> 'requested' instead of the contents of the text file? Has
> synchronicity  changed??
>
> Any insight most gratefully received!

Is this an http or ftp url (i.e. not a file url)?

If so, is "requested" returned in "the result" or in the "it" variable?

I'm asking because "requested" is one of the "states" of the variable
in libUrl that tracks the status of a  request and eventually is
returned as "the result". However, it should be set to empty or an
error message before the request completes.

Can you log the activity (libUrlSetLogField) and see if it reveals
anything?

Cheers
Dave