OT: Ping timeout much longer with 10.3.7

James.Cass at sealedair.com James.Cass at sealedair.com
Thu Feb 10 13:47:15 EST 2005

The Apple Software Update for MacOSX 10.3.8 is now available.
Update with caution as always.
-James

Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>
Sent by: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
02/10/05 01:45 PM
Please respond to How to use Revolution

        To:     How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: OT:  Ping timeout much longer with 10.3.7

On Feb 10, 2005, at 9:07 AM, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> Our testers have discovered that when Revolution does a shell("ping")
> to a
> server that isn't responding, that the timeouts are much different,
> depending on
> which version of Mac OS X one is on.   In Mac OS 10.3.2, we get
> feedback in a
> matter of seconds.   In Mac OS 10.3.7, it takes over 2 minutes to get
> feedback.

Somebody on this list mentioned a 10.3.7 bug involving network delays.

Do you have the same results with ip address only?  That is, without
DNS lookup?

Dar