The Case of the Disappearing Custom Property

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Feb 9 15:23:04 EST 2005

On Feb 9, 2005, at 3:06 AM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Saved as a standalone, this does not work. I spent about 3 hours on
> this today and what I've found after a lot of tracing is that in the
> standalone app, the custom property containing the password against
> which the user's entry is to be matched is empty. I have an answer
> dialog that displays the value of that property. In the IDE, it shows
> the property correctly and the stack works. In the runtime, that
> dialog says the custom property has no value in it.
>
> Known bug? I can't find anything on this in Mozilla. I'm going to
> resort to placing the password into the stack as a variable, but that
> seems somehow less elegant.
>
> Dan

Dan,

what is the name of the property and to whom it belongs?
I have a stripAndShip handler here that will destroy properties
beggining with Dev and clear fields begginning with the word "field_"
you're not using some similar handler? Or maybe you're using some
reserved word... don't know...

Andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL