[OT] QT Editing Tool

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Feb 9 13:35:59 EST 2005

On Feb 9, 2005, at 10:13 AM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Trevor....
>
> Thanks. I need to look into this in greater detail. Do you have a
> recommended tool for QT editing? I just use QTPro. At one point I used
> MovieWorks but my version is no longer up to date. Is there something
> better?

This really depends on what you want to do.  While QT Pro lets you edit
movies it will not let you add interactivity using sprite tracks which
is you need to add something like password protection I mentioned
previously.  For this type of QT editing I couldn't live without
LiveStage Pro from TotallyHip <www.totallyhip.com>.  It is an
incredibly comprehensive tool that allows you to exploit most
everything that the QuickTime architecture has to offer.

If you are interested in Wired QuickTime then I would pick up the book
"Interactive QuickTime - Authoring Wired Media" by Matthew Peterson.
This goes into great detail about interactive QuickTime and you get
something like $150 off a purchase of LiveStage Pro if you buy within
30 days of buying the book.  This book explains how to use sprite
tracks to add a little DRM to your movies.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com