The Case of the Disappearing Custom Property

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Feb 9 12:33:14 EST 2005

On Feb 8, 2005, at 9:06 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> I have a large stack (about 87MB) that contains two QuickTime movies
> imported as controls. I'm using this approach because the client
> doesn't want anyone to be able to view these movies without
> registering and receiving a password and QuickTime movies can't be
> password-protected.

Dan,

I just wanted to mention that you can add password protection to
QuickTime movies using a QuickTime sprite track.  You can add logic to
a QuickTime sprite track that will keep the movie from displaying any
audio/visual elements unless a variable in the movie is a certain
value.  This method does require a tool for authoring wired sprites and
you would have to use the EnhancedQT external to set the sprite track
variable but it is doable.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia