Problems using Dreamcard

Jim Lyons jimlyons at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 9 11:30:55 EST 2005

In earlier messages of this thread, I described the problems I had when
I just copied the Dreamcard application out of my Rev 2.5 folder onto a
CD with a stack and copied them to a friend's Mac. Thanks to help from
the list, I found the problems were caused by not "installing"
Dreamcard and the resources it needs to work. When I downloaded and
installed the trial version of Rev 2.5 to my friend's machine and
opened the stack with the included player, the earlier problems were
gone.

So I left the stack (a membership directory) with my friend to work on
using her newly installed Dreamcard player. Besides problems printing
(subject for another thread), in turns out that my Save command was not
actually working! She put in quite a bit of work before realizing this,
unfortunately. Of course, I had tested saving with my menu command, but
running in the IDE. Now that I test it with my Dreamcard player, I
discover it doesn't work.

My menu command is:  save stack "Directory" as the filename of this
stack

Again, this functions correctly in the IDE, but not under Dreamcard.
Could "this stack" be different in the player? That would be a rude
shock. Am I making bad assumptions about using the player? And I ask
again, are there any rules, tips, warnings, guidelines, for designing
stacks to be used with Dreamcard anywhere? Thanks for any help.

Jim Lyons