Have you developed Windows stacks on Mac w Virtual PC?

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 8 10:37:52 EST 2005

I have built on OSX and then copied over to Virtual PC and opened
within REV running on Virtual PC. I built a cross-platform CD and
needed to test the code. Rev runs slower in VPC but since the major
creation was done already it wasn't too bad at all. Paths and relative
paths are different and also menus. I use PNGs for images (good for
compression and for transparency) I use .wav for sounds (mp3 might work
as well). I didn't run into any other problems than these and most of
it went pretty smooth.

Problems:
On Windows:
EXE can not be at root level of CD - but paths to illustrations/images
from OSX all lead to root level relative to OSX app.
Solution:
Create short cut (shortcut.lnk) at root level to executable in a DATA
folder.
Create autorun.inf at root level pointing to executable in a DATA
folder.
Change relative paths for images in REV (made easier since I made all
of my paths relative on the OSX side) to point to new placement in DATA
folder.
Best solution is:
CD
	shortcut.lnk
	autorun.inf
	AppOSX.app - Alias
	AppOS9.app - Alias
	DATA
		App.exe
		AppOSX.app
		AppOS9.app
		IMAGES
			Image01.png
			Image02.png
			ETC.
On windows the highlited color is treated differently than on the MAC
and I had problems with menus with colored highlites.
Menus can be a problem.