Abnormal behavior?

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Feb 8 00:35:58 EST 2005

I have a field script with a keydown event
which responds to keys typed in a field and
which checks for pretyping using a handler.

I also have a frontscript (XOS) with a generic
pretype handler of the same name.

What is abnormal is that when the keydown event
calls the pretyping handler, the frontscript is
the one that takes priority and not the handler
in the same script!

This busts completely the local overide principle
in scripts... And the hierarchy of events...

Other than renaming the handler name or "sendind"
the handler to itself (the field) how can I "count"
on having the right handler being called in all times?

cheers
Xavier
--
http://MonsieurX.com