stacks in use, libraries, etc...

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Mon Feb 7 16:50:14 EST 2005

> > It just hit me, after more than a decade of HyperCard, MetaCard or
> > RunRev...
> > Maybe im the only one in this situation... ;)
> >
> > How can you tell which stack made which stackinuse his?
> IOW, how can
> > you tell which stack loaded which library or stackinuse?

> My suggestion would be to check out the undocumented
> 'executionContexts' property from within your stack's
> 'libraryStack' handler.
> However, I haven't tested this, so this could be rather
> worthless advice in the end.
>
> Jan Schenkel.

Funny, that's the message I saw that triggered this question...

It wont tell you who called the stack...

This used to help before though...

global stackinuselist
function xosStartUsin stacktouse,sourcestack
  get stacktouse,sourcestack
  if it is among the lines of stackinuselist then
    return ""
  end if
  start using stack stacktouse
  if the result<>""
  then return "Error:" && the result
  else put stacktouse & "," & sourcestack & cr before stackinuselist
  return ""
end xosStartUsin