MP3 without QuickTime on Windows

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 7 15:56:38 EST 2005

Jeffrey Reynolds wrote:
> The main problem with including the quicktime installer is its license
> agreement. You must make your application to only work with the version
> of qt (or later) at the time you release your product.

I think I missed that clause of the license agreement.

I wrote an Apple rep some time ago to clarify some of the questions that
pop up here about it, and got her permission to post her reply to the list:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2003-September/023869.html>

The license agreement itself is available at:
<http://developer.apple.com/softwarelicensing/agreements/quicktime.html>

Any questions about it can be directed to the contact person noted there:
<sw.license at apple.com>

Remember that Apple's goal is to evangelize QuickTime, not annoy
developers.  If anything seems onerous about their license agreement it
can probably be clarified with a quick email to that address.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation