Formatting in XML?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 14:37:23 EST 2005

--- Terry Vogelaar <tvogelaar at de-mare.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to make an application that displays text in
> several fields. I
> thought XML was the ideal format to store the
> information in, but I ran
> into problems with it.
>
> [snip]
>
> If I try revXMLNodeContents(id,"/Card/Content"), the
> function returns
> empty. No "xmlerr", not even " needs to be displayed
> just like ; it
> should be in field." Not that I want any of those...
>
> How do I get what I want?
>
> Terry

Hi Terry,

In addition to Ken's suggestion about using [CDATA] as
a way to store raw data that the XML parser will not
try to interpret, may I suggest you take a look at the
'revXMLText' function ; this will return the entire
content of the node and its children.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====