mouseenter message while mousebutton is down?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Feb 6 15:39:25 EST 2005

On Fri Feb 4, Lynch, Jonathan BNZ2 at CDC.GOV wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to generate a message that happens when the
> mouse is over a graphic, and the mousebutton is currently down, and the
> mouse is pulling around a partially transparent image while it moves
> over the graphics?
>
> Mouseenter does not work when the mousebutton is down, or when there is
> an image in the way.
>
> I tried fooling around with dragenter - but whenever I try to set the
> dragdata, I get buggy results - the image disappearing, the app freezing
> up, things like that.
>
> (snip)
>
> Is there any sort of mouseenter-like message that works while the
> mousebutton is down?
>
> Is there any simple way for an object that is covered by a transparent
> image to receive a mouse message?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

Seems to me that this has not yet been answered.

You could try something like the handler below in the script of the
dragged control:

"on mousedown
  set the layer of me to top
  grab me
  put the number of graphics into Gnumber
  repeat with i = 1 to Gnumber
    if intersect(me, grc i) then
      put the name of grc i
# or do whatever you want
    end if
  end repeat
  send "mousedown" to me in 100 milliseconds
end mousedown"

The last line does the trick.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke