Download Problem

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sat Feb 5 20:12:21 EST 2005

On 6 Feb 2005, at 00:06, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> I am having a problem with downloading from a particular type of URL
> using Rev. It is a PDF document from the European Patent Office. One
> example of this type of URL is the following:
>
> https://publications.european-patent-office.org/PublicationServer/
> documentpdf.jsp?iDocId=228969&sDummyParam=.pdf

It probably is the https issue. AltBrowser may help, as may Runrevs
ssl library, but you have to pay for both of those. I've had good luck
with https stuff using a shell command in OS X, there is presumably
something similar on Windows, and certainly on 'nixes. It would go
something like:

put
"https://publications.european-patent-office.org/PublicationServer/
documentpdf.jsp?iDocId=228969&sDummyParam=.pdf" into addr
put "binfile:" & "myDownloadedPDF.pdf" into fileName
put shell("curl" && quote & addr & quote) into URL fileName

I'm certainly no expert on this sort of thing, so others here may be
able to refine it, but it worked for me, so it might for you.

Cheers,

Mark