Formatting in XML?

Terry Vogelaar (de Mare) tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Sat Feb 5 01:19:14 EST 2005

Hi all,

I need to make an application that displays text in several fields. I
thought XML was the ideal format to store the information in, but I ran
into problems with it.

Some fields have formatting. RR can do that, XML can do that, but I
can't figure out how RR can do that with XML. Is it possible?

I hope I explained what I want clear enough. Probably not...

OK, maybe an example will help.

<Card>
     <Header>This fantastic card</Header>
     <Content>
         <Red>This</Red> needs to be displayed <italic>formatted</italic>
         just like <bold>HTML</bold>; it should be in
<italic>one</italic> field.
     </Content>
</Card>

If I try revXMLNodeContents(id,"/Card/Content"), the function returns
empty. No "xmlerr", not even " needs to be displayed just like ; it
should be in field." Not that I want any of those...

How do I get what I want?

Terry