Problem! Inaccessible substack

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Feb 4 20:18:17 EST 2005

Jerry Balzano wrote:

> First of all, thanks to Chipp, Alex, and Glen for their speedy
> replies.  Unfortunately, nothing worked!  Chipp, I tried the button
> script you gave me below; it runs but does nothing observable.  If I
> add a line asking to set the loc of the stack to the screenloc, *then*
> I get a "can't find stack" error.  Glen, the Application Browser
> doesn't even "see" this substack for some reason.
>
> The plot thickens: a few days ago I downloaded Richard Gaskin's 4W
> Devolution suite.  It turns out that Richard's 4W Object Browser
> *does* see the substack.  It even sees that the substack "33" contains
> two cards, and gives me the card ids for them.  But if I try to select
> anything in the 4W Object Browser window pertaining to substack "33",
> I get "There was an error executing a script in stack 4WObjectBrowser."
>
> Still open to any wild suggestions for things I might try to get at
> this infernal stack or any of its cards.

No good ideas .... are you ready for bad ones yet ?

What is the work contained on these cards ? Is it controls and layout,
or mostly the scripts ?

If the latter, I'd try to use a basic text editor and just copy the
script code out and paste into a new stack.
(Notepad can't do it, but Emacs has no problem finding and sensibly
interpreting the code parts of a stack).

--
Alex.