Problem! Inaccessible substack

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Feb 4 18:29:19 EST 2005

Jerry Balzano wrote:

> I sure hope I can get some assistance with this one because there's a
> lot of work sitting in a substack I can't get to.
>
> Somehow - probably due to all my messing around with control and
> commandkeys — the substack in question got renamed "33".  When I now
> try to open it, I get a "no such card" error.
>
> I have tried everything I can think of here.  When I say 'answer the
> substacks of this stack' I get "33".  When I say 'put the substacks of
> this stack into field "substacks" ' I get "33" placed into the field
> called "substacks".  Not only can I not 'go to stack (field
> "substacks")', I can't even do a delayed-evaluation 'do "go to stack"
> && quote & field "substacks" & quote' (or 'do "go to stack" && quote &
> the substacks of this stack & quote'.  Leaving out the 'quote's also
> fails.  Everything I do gets me "no such card" as a response.  I am at
> my wits' end.  Please help!

Can you not get to it via the Property Inspector and change its name ?
or
is it possible that you have set the name to empty ?
    (if a name is empty, getting its name yields its ID instead !!) so
you should be able to use
    set the name of stack id 33 to "somename"
or
Do you know (or can you get) the id for the stack ?  and then use that
to set its name ?
   (read the "ID property" page in the Dictionary carefully before
trying this. Then read it again)