Ultra Beginner Question/Request

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Feb 4 15:21:37 EST 2005

Len Morgan wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've been a programmer since the mid 70's.  I've used and/or tinkered
> with all of the "normal" procedural languages (C, Tcl, BASIC) and even
> some "ab"normal ones like Forth.  I consider myself a pretty good
> programmer and have been told I'm fairly bright in general.  I've had
> Revolution for a couple of weeks now, and I just can't seem to get my
> head around the "methodology" of using Revolution.
>
> I'm not worried about command syntax or what controls are available.  My
> problem is how to go about DESIGNING a whole project.  I am trying to
> convert a rather large application I have in Tcl/Tk to Revolution and
> just can't seem to get started.

You may have come to the right place.  You can consider this list a
working group for your personal success with learning Rev. :)

Tell us a bit about this Tcl project and perhaps some of the folks here
will chime in with suggestions on how to get started.

One of the tough things with learning a proprietary language is that
there are fewer third-party resources avaiable for learning.

But one of the upsides with Rev is that this mailing list is chock full
o' third parties ready and willing to offer personal assistance.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation