Teleo

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Feb 4 13:24:11 EST 2005

Hello, Has anyone experience with using a Teleo Board? I am using a
Macintosh computer with OSX.

I have an old MacBrick that is an USB I/O board but can not get support
from them. I was looking at the Teleo and it's potential use from
within REV. The website is www.makingthings.com - I do not have any
ties to this company and do not own the product yet but am interested
in the possibilities. I am reluctant because I bought the MacBrick for
$200 and am stuck with it now and don't want to waste my time and money
again.

A quote from their website:
"For those individuals and companies that are interested in prototyping
and developing projects themselves, MakingThings markets a line of
inexpensive, easy-to-use tools. These tools, labeled under the Teleo™
brand name, consist of modular and networkable components, ranging from
input and output controllers to a wide range of sensors and
accessories.
Each Teleo hardware module comes with its own software component that
can be easily controlled using any one of a number of programming
environments including C/C++, Macromedia’s Flash and Cycling74’s Max.
In addition, a simple text mode can be used in any programming
environment that can read and write text to a serial port."

I assume that since it supports a text mode via serial that I can use
Sarah's serial methods to access the device, but wanted anyone's input
on this.

Thanks

Tom

Thomas J. McGrath III