"refresh" the Finder?

James Richards jamesjrichards at lineone.net
Fri Feb 4 05:59:11 EST 2005

On 3 Feb, 2005, at 15:43:29 -0500, Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:

> Clicking on the window (or in the case of the desktop, on the desktop)
> refreshes the display.

This is a Finder thing rather than a Rev thing, I think as I have
encountered it in other situations where (e.g.) something gets put on
the Desktop behind the active window of another app.  Finder only seems
to refresh (and sometimes not very quickly - i.e. more than a second)
when it is brought to the front, either by clicking on the desktop, a
Finder window, or the Finder icon in the Dock.

I guess if something is changed other than via Finder, then Finder
doesn't know to update it until you actually go looking for that thing,
or tell it to update.

On 3 Feb, 2005, at 22:55:18 -0500 James Cass wrote

> Sorry if I'm way off on this but, I just jumped in here.
> 1.  If you just want to update a Finder window, you can do that with
> the Applescript "update folder pathToFolder".  I've had to use this to
> refresh the contents of open Finder windows.  I don't do that any more
> though.

Regards

James
--