"refresh" the Finder?

James Cass cassj at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 3 22:55:18 EST 2005

Sorry if I'm way off on this but, I just jumped in here.
1.  If you just want to update a Finder window, you can do that with
the Applescript "update folder pathToFolder".  I've had to use this to
refresh the contents of open Finder windows.  I don't do that any more
though.
2.  If you want to delete something that's already in Trash (seems
weird), you can use the shell command:  rm /Users/$USER/.Trash/filename

HTH...James