GIF scaling problems followup...

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Feb 3 22:41:52 EST 2005

Hi Frank,

For what it's worth, here's how I'd try and do this.

First I'd copy the image into a new image (or screencapture it) so that
I know the image is 24 bit.

Then I'd scale the image up using resizeQuality=best, reset the
imagedata, then scale back down to the size I wanted. Then I'd try
exporting the 24-bit image as a GIF.

Remember, GIF files have many different settings including CLUTS,
dithering, transparency, etc.. which you have no control of in RR.

Basically, RR's GIF export doesn't really give one a lot of help.

best,

Chipp