[OT] Win convention question

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Wed Feb 2 23:38:41 EST 2005

> But it can't remove what it doesn't know about, and in my case there are
> elements in my app very much like cache files that should ideally be
> removed but don't exist during installation, so no installer can know
> about them at install time.

While I definately agree with this statement, InnoSetup has an advantage in the uninstallation area.  It can be scripted to removed files that did not exist during Installation.  You could script it to either read a log to delete what's new, or you can script it to delete the Cache folder itself.

It also has 1 of the biggest advantages of all though, it's free!

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software