CGI access to PostGreSQL

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Feb 2 18:59:47 EST 2005

We have a POSTGreSQL dBase running on a linux box

This we expected to work, but does not. I *can* access the dbase from a
stack, remotely from my desk top in the 2.5 rev IDE.

#!/usr/local/bin/revolution

  on startup

    put
revOpenDatabase("Postgresql","himalayanacademy.com","cybertalks","htoday
","--real password goes here--") into pConnectionID
    if (pConnectionID) is a number then
      put "Your Cybertalks data base opened successfully with connection
ID " into tResult
      put pConnectionID after tResult
      put tResult
    else
      put "Gosh darn, what's up?  The data base connection failed."

  end startup

Running this from terminal returns these errors

./blurb.rev
  /usr/local/bin/revolution: Script parsing error at line 13, column 1
  /usr/local/bin/revolution: Can't load stack or script ./blurb.rev

Do I need to have some PostGreSQL libraries loaded?

Sivakatirswami