Expression calculations in message box

Jim Lyons jimlyons at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 1 22:28:27 EST 2005

Wow, that's a good one. Verified on Rev 2.5, OS 10.3.

I have seen some serious wonkiness before in the message box handling
of expressions. I remember I had to put an expression involving arrays
into a handler in the stack I was working on and invoke that to
evaluate it correctly; I was quite sure it wasn't because of context,
or variable scope, it was really something simple. But that's the sort
of thing that happens late at night, at the same time as several other
things that should work don't. I couldn't recall how to reproduce it.
Maybe this will be a clue to the faulty script...

Jim