Problem with stack dimensions

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Dec 30 16:30:49 EST 2005

Sarah Reichelt wrote:
> In the IDE, when you open the stack it will shrinkif necessary to fit
> into the windowBoundingRect which is smaller inside Rev to allow for
> the toolbar & Tools palette, so you will need to over-ride this and
> set the size in one of the opening handlers.

When running in the IDE it's not possible to know the original
windowBoundingRect, as the IDE changes it to accomodate the toolbar
(understandable) and tool palette (which mystifies some of us).

This will also apply to any script in your own stacks which modifies the
windowBoundingRect property -- unless you keep track of it at the outset
there's no going back.

I was about to enter a BZ request for an option to the
windowBoundingRect property, or perhaps a new property (or function) to
allow us to determine its original value, but I'm at a loss as to what
would make good syntax.

We could have something like the originalWindowBoundingRect, but that's
pretty long.

Suggestions?

It would seem worth having, as there are many times when it would be
beneficial to revert the windowBoundingRect to its original value.
While it's possible to do so in our own standalones we can't do it in
the IDE, and either way it would seem handy to have.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal