FTP

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Dec 28 13:39:02 EST 2005

Marty Knapp wrote:
> I'm trying to to build a simple app so that my boys can send me
> Quicktime movies that are too big to email. I put togther a stack with a
> button set for drag and drop with the following script:
>
> on dragdrop
>  put empty into fld "LogData"
>  get the dragdata
>  if it is not empty then
>    libURLftpUploadFile
> it,"ftp://username:password@ftp.mydomain.com/drop/" --"drop" is a
> directory that I've created and can access
>    libUrlSetLogField the long id of fld "LogData"
>  else beep
> end dragdrop
>
> the file is not uploaded and I get this message:
>
> 220 ProFTPD 1.3.0rc2 Server (Main FTP Server) [64.40.144.138]
> 331 Password required for username.
> 230 User username logged in.
> 257 "/" is current directory.
> 221 Goodbye.
> CLOSED
>
> What am I doing wrong?

If you don't specify, the dragdata contains the text content, which for
a file drag is empty. In this case that means there is nothing to
upload. Instead, try:

   get the dragdata["files"]

This will hold filepaths, one per line. If you expect that the files may
contain more than one line (that  is, multiple selections have been
dragged) then you'll want to repeat through the list, uploading one line
at a time.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com