Ask Dialog

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Dec 24 10:39:03 EST 2005

Hi Joe,

>When I use:
>
>ask "What's your name?" with "Joe"
>
>"Joe" is selected. Is there a way to have the cursor flash after "Joe" and
>not have "Joe" selected?

Not that I know of...and not that it's any of my business, but what
effect are you trying to achieve?

If the user is Joe, he clicks on "OK" and "Joe" is returned in
it.  If the user's name starts with anything other than "Joe", the
first three characters must be deleted if the selection point is
after the name, whereas the first keystroke of the name replaces all
three characters when "Joe" is selected.

>Also how do I change the rev icon to a warning icon or no icon?

First, when I use your line,

          ask "What's your name?" with "Joe"

,I get no icon on v2.6.1 & Win XP.

Ask syntax is:

         ask [iconType] question [with defaultResponse] [with title
titleText] [as sheet]

with iconType being "information", "question", "warning", "error", or
empty for no icon.

; so you would script--

         ask question "What's your name?" with "Joe"

Rob Cozens, CCW
Serendipity Software Company

Vive R Revolution!