Stacks Shapes Via Pictures

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 05:34:52 EST 2005

> Very hot here today.  Hotter up north though,
> 40 + deg C.

Yup, same here and only expected to get hotter over the next few days.

> Anyway, I have a question on creating Stacks in
> the shape of a particular picture.  I know I saw
> and example somewhere, but I can't remember where
> and it doesn't seem to be on Rev Online.  Basically
> what I'm needing is a method to make a stack (the main
> "window") take the shape of an image (bitmap etc) and
> make the corners transparent so that only the image is displayed.

Have a look at Klaus Major's Christmas tree stack at
<http://www.major-k.de/xtalke.html>

It is a great example of how to do this and the extra bits needed like
a way to move and close the resulting window, since it will have no
title bar.

Cheers,
Sarah