Getting a URL form a "logged in" site

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Mon Dec 19 15:23:38 EST 2005

Dennis,

Unless I'm missing something, this should be quite easy :
- first take a look at the source code of the log page of that site...
it should feature at least 2 "input fields" (1 for loggin and 1 for
pwd) in a form with an "Action" and a "method"
- second check what the method is (get or post), and then use
the relevant transcript command ("get url" or "post") to simulate
a log to that site by passing the right parameters to the action url.
it should return the html code that you get after a regular log via
your usual browser (unless that site filters agents, and in that case
you'll need to add the right parameters to the header of the transcript
post to try to fool the distant server).

if that's not clear, just post to this list the url of the log page of the
site, and I'll be happy to write the transcript code.

JB