Audio files won't play in 2.6.1

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Dec 17 01:01:26 EST 2005

On Dec 16, 2005, at 9:04 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> I'm considering moving a bunch of .wav files to mp3 and playing
> them on a Windows box via a player object. Scanning through the
> archives seems to indicate that there can be a problem with MP3s on
> some systems that are using certain (older?) versions of WMP. Is
> that resolved now? My files would all be on disk, not in the stack.

Jacque,

Are you talking about playing MP3 in a player object on systems
without QuickTime?  If the system doesn't have QT installed the you
are using MCI.  Whether or not MP3 will play depends on if an MCI-
compatible CODEC is installed.  WMP 7.0 installs an MP3 CODEC which I
believe is MCI-compatible.  Version 2 of ActiveMovie supports MP3 and
has a driver that MCI can use.  Win 95 OSR2 included this.  Based on
some stuff I read you may have to manually add the ActiveMovie MCI
driver to get it working though.  I haven't tested this as all of my
apps require QT.  The above is just based off of what I have
researched on the web.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia