How About a Forum, I'll Supply the Space?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Dec 15 15:48:44 EST 2005

FWIW: www.ExpertsExchange.cm is a fantastic resource... requires paid
membership, but it's model is marvelous, it's categorization of
issues along the lines of both programs as well as program "areas" is
sooooo well done.

I can have a thread going under CSS and another one under XML and a
third one running under Apache, and a 4th one under CGI, and a 5th
one under Mac sys admin with experts in each area working on my
queries etc. but still see all my "open questions" in one fell swoop.

at the risk of further "bifurcation" should Rev ever become "open
source" enough (there are tech areas on EE for "proprietary" software
like Photoshop, which have become so all pervasive as to be virtually
"open source" in terms of usage...) to gain recognition for an area
on ExpertsExchange, it would be major publicity bump for Rev.
ExpertsExchange has 3,460,759 IT professional Members

www.expertsexchange.com

If our great sages of xTalk were to propose category areas like they
have at EE, but just for Rev only, inside a new forum, this would be
a big leap forward.

rev-multi-media; rev-database; rev-crunching text; rev-working with
Fields;

etc.