revdb error using record set (AltSQLite)

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Dec 15 02:33:25 EST 2005

David-

> The database is open and a few rows of data exist in it with three
> columns, fully populated, in each row. I can see that data using
> revdb_queryList() so one option is to switch away from using the
> cursor structure and just manage the returned data in variables
> myself. Before making that move, I would like to know if I have made
> a mistake in this code or have encountered a bug in the RR wrappers
> or in AltSQLite.

I know you'll hate to hear this, but your code works for me. Since
you've stripped out the error handlers, this may not be apropos,
but... check gConn before calling revdb_query() to make sure you have
a valid connection. Then check for errors after revdb_query() to see
if it worked, etc.

...and personally I would pass p as an argument to newRecDisplay
rather than setting the cursors of the stack.

I also have a small corrupt SQLite database that will consistently
crash rev although I can examine it with the cli. I haven't BZed it
yet because I haven't determined what makes it corrupt in rev's eyes.
If you can see your data using revdb_queryList() then that's probably
not your problem.

> I added revdb_moveFirst() in the first handler, as a trial fix
> although I expect that the cursor would automatically be pointing to
> the first record.

I'd expect that, too.

--
-Mark Wieder