debugger problem

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Wed Dec 14 21:41:09 EST 2005

>The disappearance of certain debugging features occurred during what I would
>term a vanilla-flavored stack.
>

>I was working on an "openstack" script and all the the debug buttons and
>menu items just disappeared. And by the way, the variable watcher turned to
>custard as well.

Where was the "on openstack" script located? Card, background, stack?
Was there an "on openstack" handler in the background script?

>Using several different search terms, I looked all through the lists and I
>came to one woeful conclusion. The people at Revolution haven't  done a very
>good job of making their debugger bullet-proof. There seem to be a large
>number of problems listed that involve the debugger.

As I recall, many of those items are old and resolved, some are
unreplicated. The edit background script bug is the only one I've
encountered.

If you can replicate this bug, you'd be doing the rest of us a
kindness. If you can't replicate it, it might not be a bug.

>I "think" that I solved the problem by washing any trace of Revolution from
>my PC, even to the point of scrubbing all register entries as well.

--snip--

>Using this development environment makes me feel as if I were walking on
>eggs.

You've had a lot of other problems with Rev? Or did this debugger
thing get you down real bad?

Tim