Com Port Data Errors

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Dec 14 15:58:11 EST 2005

On Dec 13, 2005, at 3:32 PM, Camm29 wrote:

> write "AT00" & numToChar(13) to driver COM1:

> One point is that with the same command "AT00" , HYPERTERMINAL works
> always with wait time < 1 second.

Even though the Hayes-compatible tradition requires a CR to terminate
the command line, I have seen some modems that want LF in addition or
instead.  Could your Hyperterminal settings be set to send a LF with
the CR?

Also, check your handshake lines.  Make sure you are using the same
cable as your Hyperterminal experiment.  Then make sure the handshake
lines work the same.

BTW, I am not familiar with a digit command, such as 0.  That might be
something special with your modem or some newfangled thing or something
cool I just haven't seen.  Or should this be the O command for "Return
to On-line State"?

Dar

     Dar Scott  dba  Dar Scott Consulting

     "Glory to God in the highest,
     and on earth peace, good will toward men. "
                    -- Host of angels, Luke 2:14