Recent Development on the Use-LIst

Mark Smith masmit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 09:19:43 EST 2005

Dan, I had in mind the discussion about how people other than RunRev
would run RunRev, which it seems to me is pretty far removed from
using Rev.

OTOH, perhaps I should have said that this is not the place for
<lengthy>  discussions of that sort - the recent thread seemed to
have pretty much taken over the list, and I've seen other good and
useful lists and forums become really useless as a result of such
things.

Or perhaps Mr. Sapersteins' recent aggressive trolling has just made
me (and maybe others) temporarily over-concerned about the way the
list might be going.

In general, I'm all for discussions going in whatever direction they
will, and there are many intelligent and interesting people here.
It's just that this list has been so effective in it's stated
purpose, that it would be a great shame if it became overloaded with
discussions of things that we, as Rev users, cannot have much
knowledge of or influence over.

There's a balance, I guess, and clearly some of us feel it's been a
little wonky, just lately.

I'd not be in favour of splitting the list, myself, and I like your
(and others) suggestion of simply using clear subject labels.

As to where the discussion in question should be, I have no idea.
Perhaps wherever people have long discussions about how Microsoft and
Apple should be run.

Mark