"use-rev" means "using Rev" (was 10,000 other threads)

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Dec 13 09:20:31 EST 2005

I think the list should be left just as it is. As long as the subject
field is clearly marked, it's pretty obvious what is a geeky post and
what is a polilical/rant post. Just delete the ones you don't want to
read! Or ignore them as I do.

It's really not hard to filter this list, I do it all the time.

I reckon that people on here should be able to say what they like,
within reason, I personally try to avoid personal insults or getting
too vexxed with somone simply because they either critisize me or a
product or disagree with me, but if people want to do that, let em!
Doesn't really hurt anyone, except probably increases the heart rates
of those concerned and I should imagine many people have brused knees
lately caused by violent jerks upwards into their desks just after
the "You've got mail" sound was played!

Splitting off into other lists wouldn't really do much good either,
it's possible to disguise a rant as a geeky problem especially with
RunRev. I also think it's better to have it all in one big barrel,
good, bad and indifferent all together, so much like real-life!

Banning people from the list doesn't work either, excpet maybe as a
silly symbolic guesture, since they can just sign back up again under
a different name/email address.

I feel slightly guilty, since I may have started this off, with my
"What really SUCKS" post, all I can say is that at least it was
actually complaining about something that is flakey in RunRev and I
had been battling the Flakeyness a fair time before I finally snapped.

Reading the current posts there are actually at least as many with
people moaning about people moaning, I really can't see the point of
that, but if people want to do that, let em!

It's been a tough year for a lot of us, for reasons far more worrying
than RunRev, wars, bombs, riots, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes all
leading to pain and death. It is not supprising that some of this
pain finds it's way onto lists like this.

All the Best
Dave