What Rev Needs -- Again (was "Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?")

Marielle Lange mlange at lexicall.org
Thu Dec 8 18:52:50 EST 2005

Hi Sarah,

Many educators on this list share this view. All kids should be
initiated to revolution.

Me and others have proposed a hand for initiatives that may help
Revolution gain a better visibility and recognition in the education
arena. But we have been facing the same difficulties as the ones
Chipp denounced a few days ago... we haven't really been encouraged
from higher up. There isn't so much we can do when we are not in a
position to influence the management decisions. Perhaps the increase
in number of staff will bring some good news on this front too.

In the meantime, feel free to point the teacher to the text which
targets more specifically educators at:
<http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?
page=Revolution4Education>

or to the Teacher Manual at:
<http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?
page=TutorialsTeacherManual>

To know that there is a set of 20 lessons already available may help
to convince the teacher to use revolution. On some of the slides a
test script is shown within a frame on the left of the page and the
student can write it and test it within a frame on the right.

Best,
Marielle

> Good point, Scott. I know we have a few tertiary educators on this
> list, but I would love to see Rev push into secondary schools. My
> middle son (13) is starting a programming course next year and they
> will be using Visual Basic. He has asked his teacher if he can use
> Revolution instead, since he is already familiar with it. She is
> agreeable, but I don't know if the school will be prepared to pay for
> Rev when they already own VisualBasic.
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah

--------