What Rev Needs -- Again (was "Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?")

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Thu Dec 8 11:50:59 EST 2005

On 7 Dec 2005, at 02:02, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Another thing that would surely help would be to get RunRev on
> Linux really
> cooking; so many of the young programmers I know and hear about are
> Linux-savvy.

My experience too - it has been the only way I have ever succeeded
interesting any truly bright under 25 year olds - the main thing that
puts them off is the lack of an open source strategy. They go yeah
this is great - but is it open source? Now it does not need to be
open source to convince them - they just need to see how it can not
just fit in, but be a Revolutionary part of all those cool open
source projects they are dying to get their teeth into.